Leader As Coach
A Genos International interactive four-part program designed to equip leaders with the knowledge, tools, techniques and frameworks to facilitate effective coaching in leadership.
Equip leaders with the knowledge, tools, techniques and frameworks to facilitate effective coaching in leadership.
To establish an atmosphere for change management, engagement, and resilience, organisations must invest in training that brings a coaching style to leadership. Change is a fact of life and it’s been said many times that leadership is about coping with change. Professional coaching supports a long-term strategy for reducing mounting tensions and uncertainty among employees.
The evolving business environment presents challenges for leaders at all levels. Leaders need to understand, guide, and direct people more than ever before in order to craft and support employee wellbeing, productivity and company culture. Coaching conversations are the foundation for all of these leadership actions. Many leaders can struggle with these discussions or misunderstand the role of coaching as a leadership tool. The Genos International Leader as Coach Program is designed to equip leaders with the knowledge, tools, techniques and frameworks to facilitate effective coaching in leadership.
- Exploring the role of coaching in leadership
- The impact you have on others when coaching
- The three dimensions of coaching
- Coaching conversation framework
- The neuroscience of a coaching experience
- Developing emotionally intelligent coaching skills
- Developing a mindset of an emotionally intelligent coach
- Enhancing our capacity to be empathetic in a coach conversation
- Creating insight through listening and questioning
- Powerful communication for insightful coaching
- Coaching conversation traps
- Understanding behavioural styles and preferences
- Emotional triggers and how to manage them
- Flexing style for effective communication
Experience four immersive instructor-led learning modules. Each module comprises of inspirational content, practical tools, techniques and activities. You will learn with your peer cohort and interact with quality facilitators who develop emotional intelligence with teams and individuals every day.
Post each module, you will have the opportunity to apply the tools and techniques at work and outside of it to help improve how you connect, communicate and influence others.
Participants will have the option to complete a Genos Emotionally Intelligent Leadership Assessment provided during the program to kick start and support emotional intelligence development. Available digitally or can be provided via a one-on-one debrief.
– Participants Learn –
- How to develop rapport, authenticity and trust in interactions
- Using self-awareness and active listening to be truly ‘present’
- Skills for asking powerful questions to facilitate insight
- How to provide effective feedback with care
- Guiding conversations to actions and commitments
- Techniques to adjust coaching approaches according to context
- Following a conversation framework for constructive coaching conversations
– Learning Outcomes –
Participants of this program will be able to:
- Recognise the role of coaching for their position in their organisation
- Develop a coaching mindset
- Learn and apply tools for effective coaching
- Gain insight and feedback on their own emotional intelligence
- Learn and apply core communication skills
- Be able to adapt their approach for context
- Have learned and applied a framework for constructive coaching conversations
- Plan and practice coaching in prep for on-the-job application
FIND OUT MORE…
About Genos International
We are a global team of change-makers using emotional intelligence to enhance how we connect, communicate and collaborate at work. Transforming these essential people skills at work also makes a difference to people’s relationships outside the workplace. People become better parents, partners, siblings and friends. That’s why we call our work Game-changing for business, Life-changing for people. Genos is a leading, global provider that delivers on our mission with transformational content, great digital technology, exceptional customer service, passionate partners and clients who want to lead their industries.