I just love this quote by Ru-Paul, the quote itself just bursts with colour and energy for me. Now that we are in the summer season and slowly venturing out of the safety of our homes, it is possible to see how beautifully colourful and vibrant everything is. This time of the year is bursting with colour and colour energy.
Colour can be used in so many different facets of our lives, but did you know that it can also be used to improve our self-awareness and to develop a deeper understanding of ourselves?
Self-Awareness is about being aware of the way you feel and the impact your feelings can have on decisions, behaviour and performance. It is a core competency in the Genos emotional intelligence framework and the basis on which the other competencies are based.
Carl Yung wrote “Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.” What he was telling us was that every meaningful connection, every personal or professional achievement, begins with self-awareness.
As Dr. Ben Palmer, CEO of Genos International said, “what I love most about emotional intelligence is that it can be developed and the improvement positively impacts all areas of our lives.”
So, what can we do to improve our self-awareness? First, we need to really understand ourselves, who we are and how we interact and communicate with different people in various situations and the impact that our feelings can have on our decisions, behaviour and performance. Personality profiling is an excellent tool that can give us a significant insight into, and increase our knowledge of, ourselves.
At Pinpointing Potential, we use Clarity4D as a personality profiling tool which uses three sets of preferences (sensing vs intuition, thinking vs feeling and introversion vs extroversion) to produce four colour energies – red, yellow, green and blue. As individuals, we are a mixture of all four of the colour energies, but we will have a preference for using some of the energies over others.
The colour energies create a common language and help describe how we interact and modify our behaviours when confronted by different types of people and varying situations.
The Clarity4D profiles and workshops can help personal and professional development as well as improving organisational communication, performance and profitability in many ways including the following:
Self-discovery for leadership, management and career advancement:
- Understanding more about self, both strengths and weaknesses
- Setting goals and self-coaching
- Building confidence
- Adapting communication style to connect with other people for improved individual relationships, team dynamics, communication and sales performance
- Identifying how personal influence can be increased by meeting others’ needs
- Forming the basis of authentic leadership behaviour
Team development for improved communication leading to greater collaboration, co-operation and accountability.
- Recognise and value the differences in others
- Adapt our approach to build closer rapport with others
- Have a framework, a common language, on which to base future interaction
- Motivate and encourage the team during challenging times
- Identify preferred ways of communicating together
- Build collaboration and co-operation
- Create action plans for effective future teamwork
- Raise self-awareness and the impact of our behaviour on others
If you would like to get a better understanding of the uses and benefits of personality profiling to help develop self-awareness and improve your personal and professional life or that of your team or organisation, please get in touch email@example.com