There is an abundance of research on the impact emotions have on an individuals’ performance in the workplace. It shows that people often perform their worst when they experience unproductive feelings, such as feeling frustrated, concerned, stressed, inadequate, and fearful.
Research also shows that people perform their best when they feel involved in purposeful work that develops who they are… and when they feel valued, cared for, consulted, respected, informed and understood.
So, how can developing your leadership help ensure your people feel and perform their best?
Leadership is fundamentally about facilitating performance, getting others to do their best, and to do their work effectively and efficiently. One of the most robust, consistent findings in the area of social sciences is that there is a direct link between the way people feel and the way people perform. As such, leaders need to be skilled at identifying, understanding and influencing emotion within themselves and others in order to inspire performance.
Emotionally intelligent leadership is about leaders intelligently using emotions to facilitate high performance in themselves and others.
In the Emotionally Intelligent Leader program, participants first partake in a personal Genos EI Leadership Assessment, in order to understand ͞how they are showing up at work. Attendees will improve their understanding of emotions and emotional intelligence. They will also explore and practice tools and techniques for applying emotional intelligence in leadership, and creating conditions for others to achieve high performance.
In the program, attendees will:
- Explore the neuroscience of emotions and emotional intelligence
- Examine tools and techniques for effectively asking for, and responding to, feedback
- Explore techniques for developing self and other awareness
- Examine how we can use reactive and proactive techniques to build our resilience and effectively manage strong emotions, and
- Explore an approach for facilitating engagement discussions with staff members.
- Explore techniques for applying EI in leadership, and creating high performance in others.
The material for the program is based on the Genos Emotional Intelligence Leadership Model.
For further information on the Genos Leadership Enhancement Programmes or our other solutions, contact us and we will be delighted to help. https://pinpointingpotential.com/contact/
Game Changing for Business, Life Changing for People.
*Content in collaboration with Genos EU*